The Official English Talking Thread

Und hier gehört alles hinein, was euch sonst auf den Fingerkuppen brennt.

Beitragvon Jadira » 22.05.2008, 19:12

Actually I do know a lof of things I could or should do, but at the moment I can't get myself to do anything but staring at the screen. Maybe I shouldn't spend so much time here, it makes me think too much about that teacher...
(seems like we can't leave that topic behind..)

Is there anything on TV that's woth watching?
Did you like watching DSDS? I've come to watch it sometimes during commercial breaks and I actually thought that none of them could sing Oo
I find I get lost for words around you
Overwhelmed by your presence
This feeling takes me just like a painted sky
how do I describe all these colours inside
Nothing left for me to say anyway
Jadira
Erste-Reihe-Sitzer
Erste-Reihe-Sitzer

von Anzeige » 22.05.2008, 19:12

Anzeige

Beitragvon Jadira » 24.05.2008, 18:57

Maybe. But that guy who took the second place was definitely awful. Despite I hate Dieter Bohlen and the whole show. I hate people being stultified and that's what it's all about.
People who are very good singers but do not look like supermodels barely have an chance to win. I remember that they told one girl that she had to lose weight if she wanted to be in the show and another one had to wear contact lenses. I hate such superficial stuff.
I find I get lost for words around you
Overwhelmed by your presence
This feeling takes me just like a painted sky
how do I describe all these colours inside
Nothing left for me to say anyway
Jadira
Erste-Reihe-Sitzer
Erste-Reihe-Sitzer

Beitragvon eelyma » 27.07.2008, 17:02

Yeeey the English thread does exist... would have never guessed haha :D
what to say? there'd be so many things crawling around in my head, willing to be said :D
uuhmm. yesterday i went to our mailbox to check it out and see whether my lately ordered krümelmonster has arrived or not. thus, i had a look: nothing. empty. knowing that the last chance for the arrival of svens present (to be punctual) was monday, i knew this was something to stress me out completely.
so i went in again, started to wonder what to do next as i slowly moved into the kitchen, reaching for some water on the table. Then i saw it: The package.
It lied next to another letter in front of my seat (yes, everybody has their own seat in our family and we have a guest seat).
The krümelkonster (sorry, kinda lazy to look it up).
I was sooo happy, can't even explain it to you all. I ripped the package open and i saw it... the most beautiful plushie-monster i have ever seen. And i knew he'd like it.
I'm so excited to see his face tomorrow - first showing kind of a confused expression and then turning into some kind of joy.
That'll make me happy. *sighs*

Okay, enough for today!
And I'm lazy about correcting any mistakes I did above, so please do me a favour and ignore them :D Thanks.
eelyma

Beitragvon eelyma » 27.07.2008, 17:44

Oh sorry i think i forgot to explain the whole situation.
It's not me alone who gives him all the presents, it's out computer course that spent a lot of money for a great "goodbye-party".
Everyone took care of something different: Tamy bakes the cake (a dragon :D), Christoph bakes some muffins or stuff, we bought a cup, a card and some other things for kind of a gift basket.
And it was me who was to order the krümelmonster because we didn't find one in the shops in the city.
So it's no personal gift. Okay, actually it is, but it's from the whole course.
We're 5-6 ppl. So I don't think this turns out to be a problem, does it.

Oh, it's a shame that your chance is gone ;_; I feel sorry for you... are you sure that there won't ever be another chance again? or was this a once-in-life-possibility?
eelyma

Beitragvon sunshine » 09.11.2008, 13:48

Hi guys!
Not that much activity in here, is there? ;)
So... well today's one of my lazy days. Haven't read all of the entries carefully, but your English seems quite alright, everyone :D Anyone else would think it's ridiculous to try to talk or write English except on schoolgrounds. Anyway...

for how long have you been learning English and how many lessons do you have per week?

Coz the course I'm taking at my school established 14 lessons with subjects like Geography and History, or also P.E in English which is quite interesting, especially when you start dreaming in English xD
Keep on rockin'
sunshine
Schwerer Fall
Schwerer Fall

Beitragvon sunshine » 09.11.2008, 14:03

Oh and by the way: Which other languages are you speaking? ^^
sunshine
Schwerer Fall
Schwerer Fall

Beitragvon sunshine » 09.11.2008, 16:45

aaaaah.... It's not over till the fat lady sings. (For someone who isn't that into sayings: Noch ist nicht aller Tage Abend ^^)

Well, sometimes I count Latin, because still I understand a bit of French and Italian by learning Lat.. I understand your teacher thingi, cause there are always some black sheep among teachers. Mine for geography for instance.... she pronounces "appropriate" so strangely, and she presented this word to us last week. And we just went like: "What the hell..." I mean, we've known it for like five years or so, and she just comes along: "Uuuh, I'm so proud of myself. know what, I learned a new word...." seriously.... -.-'

anyway. Ah, it's not ridiculous, I guess each of us wants to impress or have something to talk about with our teacher, so....
I chose Spanish and my sweetheart lived in Paraguay or somewhere in South America for some years and his accent is so cute.... :D

and for the record: I'm far away from being perfect in English, but actually.... yeah well, you can say "a third foreign language" but I would rather say "as a third...." not for. sounds a bit strange to me....
cu, Ca
Anti-Ticker! sch_wayne
sunshine
Schwerer Fall
Schwerer Fall

Re: The Official English Talking Thread

Beitragvon Moonlight » 26.12.2009, 18:05

Hey, this official english talking thread is a very good idea :thumbleft: I really like english...
... Sie sah den Morgen heranbrechen
Sie schwieg diskret

Never look on your past, unless you can smile.
Never look forward, unless you can dream.

Alle sagten, es geht nicht. Da kam einer, der das nicht wusste und tat es einfach.

Moonlight
Lehrerzimmerbeobachter
Lehrerzimmerbeobachter

Beitragvon LizL » 26.12.2009, 20:41

:) this thread is pretty nice. wow, I love it. english-talking.
››Musik ist unter den Künsten die komplizierteste, aber die mächtigste‹‹ <3
LizL
Verliebt
Verliebt

Beitragvon Dugiani » 26.12.2009, 23:34

Well so I think we should start a new discussion round, don't you think so?
Is there anyone with an idea?
Glückliches Eheweib seit dem 30.3.2012
Dugiani
Verliebt
Verliebt

Beitragvon Dugiani » 27.12.2009, 00:24

That's a good idea. Did you ever read the Twilight Saga? I read the 4th in english and it was really great!
Glückliches Eheweib seit dem 30.3.2012
Dugiani
Verliebt
Verliebt

Beitragvon Moonlight » 08.01.2010, 11:42

I've red the twilight-saga just in german too, but I think I don't understand enough. My english is good, but maybe not good enogh to read those books... :( And it's not funny if you has to look up every third word up in the dictionary. Ok, not every third word, but in every third sentences. (I hope my english in this text is correct!)
Sie schwieg diskret

Alle sagten, es geht nicht. Da kam einer, der das nicht wusste und tat es einfach.

Moonlight
Lehrerzimmerbeobachter
Lehrerzimmerbeobachter

Beitragvon sunshine » 08.01.2010, 14:07

It's so terrible. Though I have an English lesson every now and then (every second week) I keep forgetting so many things. I'm afraid my English will be exterminated in some years. I start to mix things up and it's all getting worse with my mistakes etc...

but back to the topic: I read Englisch books every now and then. I possess the English versions of Harry Potter, some books I had to read for school and I bought some books when I was in Ireland. Those are... well trash-books, you know, with a lot of romance and heart-breaking stories and men-problems and so on... the stuff normally old, lonely housewifes would read. ha ha :D but I'm into such things.
But lately, well, I have to admit, I am hardly able to read anything at all, even newspapers. My studies are just taking too much time.

Twilight, I must confess, I hava never read in German or English and I haven't seen the movies either. Other movies or series on the other hand, I really love to watch in English. I guess, because of Grey's Anatomy, finding myself injured in some English-speaking-country I would be fully capable of understanding the diagnosis. haha :D :lol:

what about you lot, do you watch English movies or series? ^^
Anti-Ticker! sch_wayne
sunshine
Schwerer Fall
Schwerer Fall

Beitragvon Moonlight » 08.01.2010, 14:39

I just began the first twilight-film, but I want to finish it. But I watched it in German, because I don't understand, what all the words meen. (I say it the second time) My english is good, but not good enough to read books or watch movies in english... :(
Sie schwieg diskret

Moonlight
Lehrerzimmerbeobachter
Lehrerzimmerbeobachter

Beitragvon Reika » 08.01.2010, 20:34

Dugiani hat geschrieben:That's a good idea. Did you ever read the Twilight Saga? I read the 4th in Englisch and it was really great!

I read the Twilight Saga, too^^ I'm not quite sure at all whether I read all the books in Englisch, too - maybe the third is missing - but, I enjoyed it to read the story in original language. Although my Englisch could be much better and some details I didn't even recognize because I didn't know the words, somehow almost everything sounded better... strange xD

Moonlight hat geschrieben:I've red the twilight-saga just in german too, but I think I don't understand enough. My Englisch is good, but maybe not good enogh to read those books... And it's not funny if you has to look up every third word up in the dictionary. Ok, not every third word, but in every third sentences. (I hope my Englisch in this text is correct!)

It's just normal - in my opinion - that you have some trouble with reading those books. You have Englisch since the fifth class, haven't you? With the years, you learn more and more vocabulary, but the younger you are, the harder it is to understand a whole book with so many unknown words. Hm... I think, when I was in your age, I tried to read the fifth book of Harry Potter in Englisch - but it was to hard for me and I thought that I had to understand every single word! But that was non-sense. It isn't important to understand all the Englisch words, just to catch the sense. Try to avoid to look up to much words in the dictionary, it won't help you much - but of course, keywords are important to understand for the sense. In Harry Potter 6 oder 7 I read a few pages asking myself about the meaning of "wand" - I thought, it would be getting clear by reading - but I get more and more confused and so I looked in the dictionary - and a wand is the so called "Zauberstab" in German. A very important word in Harry Potter...^^

Ca hat geschrieben:I guess, because of Grey's Anatomy, finding myself injured in some English-speaking-country I would be fully capable of understanding the diagnosis. haha

:lol: :lol:

what about you lot, do you watch English movies or series? ^^

Yes, I always watch movies in Englisch - but like dimanche with English subtitles - when I think "You should learn English. You should really learn Englisch - now!" but I don't want at all. By watching a film in Englisch I can tell myself: It's "learning" - and enjoy a good film, too :lol: Two weeks before today I started watching the Star Wars Saga again and I watched episode III and IV in Englisch^^ I want to watch the next episode tomorrow, but I have to learn seriously a lot of Englisch this weekend because of an important written test on tuesday - important, because the last test was not very good at all... Unfortunately we'll write another test which is as important as Englisch on wednesday. But maybe a litte time rests for Star Wars <3

"May the Force be with you!" :mrgreen:
“Even if life is painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all.” (Yatogami | 夜ト)

"You still have that question, even now?"
"I know. I was over it. But even though you get over it once, the same questions return."
(aus Digimon Tri: Ketsui)

You're looking for answers, but answers aren't looking for you,
because life is a gradual series of revelations that occur over a period of time,
it's not some carefully crafted story, it's a mess and we're all gonna die.
(The End of The Movie - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend)
Reika
Traumtänzerin
Traumtänzerin

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Alles Weitere